Pages

Powered By Blogger

Come along for the ride!

Welcome!

Hopefully my blog will capture the good (if any)and bad in modern day travel.

I travel for work in the USA so most posts will be about domestic travel.

I hope you find this helpful when making thoughtful travel plans.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Frontier--bunch of luddites

So, in a couple of weeks I am taking a Frontier flight from Denver to Durango just for the day for work.
Which is kinda cool in that it makes me feel like a real jet-setter but the bad thing is I'd like to spend a while in Durango and have to leave within the day. :( Murphy's law.

Anyway, Frontier, as readers will know, has always been good to me prior to this. In person that is.

I made resv on their website. They offer 3 tiered pricing. For that short of a flight I should have bought the economy but the mid-level only cost like 40 more and I thought, what the hell, I'll get to pick my own seat, get tv, etc. But when I finished buying the ticket and it was time to choose the seat, the website kept crashing and would not let me pick my seat no matter what I did.

So, I wrote to customer service immediately about it saying that if I couldn't book my seat I wanted my money back and would fly the economy tier.

6 DAYS LATER, I get an email response. I'll post it here:
Dear Lauren Drabble,

Thank you for contacting Frontier Airlines Online Customer Service.

Please note: New or existing reservations, ticket or schedule changes, flight information or general travel questions must be handled by telephone: 800-432-1359 (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). We do not provide Reservations support via e-mail at this time.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard your future Frontier Airlines flights.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Frontier Airlines

Well, I promptly wrote back and said "I wish I knew that 6 days ago!"

Everyday since that email came in I've called the number listed and everyday "call volume exceeded normal call levels" and my wait time was a minimum of 9 minutes all the way up to 29 mins.

DUH--your website crashes and your email customer service doesn't do anything so of course your call volume is high.

Since I travel so much I thought I'd just see if the ticket agent could help me. Time in line: 2 mins
Time for her to get me my seat, less than 2 mins

So, in person Frontier rocks but don't expect anything more than cavemen in customer service and the decision makers/ "visionaries" of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment