Pages

Powered By Blogger

Come along for the ride!

Welcome!

Hopefully my blog will capture the good (if any)and bad in modern day travel.

I travel for work in the USA so most posts will be about domestic travel.

I hope you find this helpful when making thoughtful travel plans.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Always go with your gut

Well, it is only 9:42 and I've had some life affirming lessons all before 930. On a Monday!

My fave taxi driver dropped me off in good stead. I had over 1 hr before we started boarding. I do my normal quick way through ATL security, zoomie zoomy, and I'm at the T gates. There are boards immediately after to check your flight before you get on the train. Well, I almost always check that but there was such a crowd I couldn't be bothered. I had checked the board before security just 20 mins-ish ago.

My gut told me "you'll regret that".

Well, I got on the escalator and down to the train and checked the board there. My flight was not on the board. I thought that odd but proceeded to B anyway. I got off at the B terminal and check the board again. Of course. My gut now says told ya! It says that my flight is now going out of T-3.
For those of you who don't know ATL, I was approx at T-9 when I started.

So, back down the escalator to the train. Oh and now I'm surrounded by the Florida Gator track team. I'm thinking: you wankers--you could beat the freaking train, probably at a slow sprint for you--stop crowding me!
Anyway, T is a very civilized terminal. Not as crowded. Better shops, definitely more peaceful so I'm thinking this isn't so bad. Not as good as the international terminal of E but definitely better than A-D.
But now I have only 25 mins before we board and still need breakfast and coffee. I know T well enough to know that I can get Starbucks but may have to eat at Starbucks too because there is not a lot of food choices.

Well, I find a too good to be true looking place: only 1 person in front of me, big selection of fresh and mostly healthy looking options, etc. Long story short on this one; got the egg and bacon croissant. Took one bite while waiting for my cappuccino and could tell that something was not quite right. But like a hungry dummy kept eating. By the 3rd mouthful I knew it was the bacon. Since then I've been telling myself, it was just a few bites--toughen up you wussy stomach. So far it has held. Which is good because I'm in a middle seat.



BTW: middle seats are not so bad if you have good neighbors. My guys today are alright. I may actually be better off in the middle seat as my back has been in a much straighter position. So, while I like the end for the sense of space and getting up whenever I want, I now realize it is worse for my back.
Why does this belong in a blog about going with your gut? I was thinking of trying to change my seat. If I had gotten here earlier I would have, but something in me just said, whatev, don't bother.

The final lesson was in the delta in seat trivia games: as long as I go with my gut and my finger can actually touch the right damn button I always win or come in the top 3. I eventually had to turn off the game because I was frustrated with the pushing of the game thinking I chose a different answer than I did. These screens are odd. But I do enjoy it when others around me are playing and they don't know I am watching them. I like watching their faces contort and how they have to fight to click the right button too. I know that means there could be someone watching me too but I try to ignore that. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment