Pages

Powered By Blogger

Come along for the ride!

Welcome!

Hopefully my blog will capture the good (if any)and bad in modern day travel.

I travel for work in the USA so most posts will be about domestic travel.

I hope you find this helpful when making thoughtful travel plans.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

TURN OFF YOUR SCREENS

This is a command and a plea to people on flights with the in seat screens:

IF YOU ARE NOT WATCHING THE TELEVISION, TURN THE DAMN THING OFF!!!

I do not understand people at all. On my last Delta flight the in board tv/movie/games service would not reboot (bad for Linux) and no one could figure it out.

So, of course I turned off my screen. I looked all around me and even when I went to the bathroom approximately 98.5% of people let their screens keep flickering every of couple of seconds through Delta's adds.

Only after I had my screen off and my neighbors were having difficulty sleeping did they think to copy me and turn theirs off too. I think I saw 3 others total off and those 3 had no influence on their neighbors either.

WTF is up with people? Why would people want to see this flicker every couple of seconds for 2.5 hours? Could they really not have seen the power button? Could they not have been bothered by it? How could they ignore it, truly ignore it, for 2.5 hours? Could they be so clueless and unimaginative to try to find a power button?

I've seen idiocy on Frontier for the same thing except Frontier doesn't have a power button. The user there has to figure out to lower the brightness level down to 0.

So, is it me or are Delta customers imbeciles?

No comments:

Post a Comment