Pages

Powered By Blogger

Come along for the ride!

Welcome!

Hopefully my blog will capture the good (if any)and bad in modern day travel.

I travel for work in the USA so most posts will be about domestic travel.

I hope you find this helpful when making thoughtful travel plans.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Flight 303 to where else Denver 7/26/10 Air Tran

I couldn't get an upgrade to Business Class--all full--looks like I will have to keep paying for them, at least until Summer is over. With everyone trying to escape the 105+ heat index of Hotlanta the planes are all full.

Last week's flight was seriously unbearable. I was thinking that you just cannot work in coach. I was so squished and could hardly type. So, I made sure I booked an exit row to just have more room for the laptop if nothing else. I got some work done on email and calendar appointments but cannot do the real work that I needed to do as there is a problem with the server, so I'm kind of stuck.

Good time to blog!

The exit row seats, especially when you only have one row of them are ideal, as far as coach goes. The people in front of you can't recline but I have plenty of room for me and my laptop. Which by the way is only a 15 inch laptop but does have an extended battery thing out the back which takes up more space. So, I guess I'm saying that if I can't be in business I'll need to keep booking exit row only.

But I usually get the aisle seat and I'm starting to rethink that. I love having the ability to jump up at the end of the flight and not have to bug anyone when I want to get up, so there are benies for sure, but today I really suffered on the end.

1) EVERYONE and I do mean everyone of all sizes, walked down the aisle the regular way, so each person bumped into me while they were boarding or when they got up for the bathroom. Being constantly bumped is no fun. But seriously people unless you are a pre-pubescent thin as a rail 10 year old girl (aka no hips) you are too big to walk normally. You need to walk kind of sideways, almost like a crab to get down these tiny aisles. And since I'm sitting on the aisle I can see that they are just hitting everyone as they go by. I know it isn't personal but it is so rude. I walk sideways. I have no misconceptions about how I would bump people if I didn't. So, let this be everyone's wake up call: YOU ARE NOT AS NARROW AS YOU THINK! And particularly not as narrow as the sadists who design these airplanes think everyone should be.

2) So, pre-takeoff when I cant work I read my book and listen to the free XM radio. Well today I got tired and put my book down to snooze a bit till they announced I could go online. Just after the sweet few moments of that point where you kinda know you are falling asleep and drifting off to happy land I get touched on the arm by the attendant. I wake up thinking Why the frick are you waking me? I know I did nothing wrong, etc. Well, she's "asking" me to hold the demonstration bag for the security theater demonstration they do. I say "asking" because she didn't give me a choice. Anyway, I look around and wonder why did she wake me to do this? Ask the guy next to me who is awake!! After that of course I couldn't fall back to sleep and now am very tired but not sleepy. Oh well.

Security theater and rude people. That's what airlines are all about nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment